In this position you will conceptualize, define and implement industry leading embedded solutions for compact, low power, sensor modules with wireless communications that can be easily and cost effectively integrated by customers into a wide range of consumer, medical and industrial products. You will be responsible for design and firmware development activities on new and existing embedded applications.
The position will collaborate with other seasoned engineers in a small team within a fast-paced environment to prototype, design, implement and maintain software/firmware for embedded sensor modules. Will develop and perform necessary tests to validate design specification.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of embedded system development methodologies and hands-on industry experience developing embedded applications for portable, consumer electronics products.
- Bachelors’ in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering or equivalent; Master’s preferred
- 8+ years of hands-on industry experience developing embedded applications
- Proficiency with development tools such as compilers, emulators/JTAG, debuggers, etc.
- Development experience with C, C# or similar languages on multiple hardware platforms
- Programming experience on small microcontrollers (PIC, AVR, PSOC, MSP430, 8051, HC08, HC12, Z8, etc.). Experience in ARM MCU firmware development is desired.
- Deep understanding of embedded development tools including compiler, debugger, profiler, etc.
- Familiarity with firmware development in the majority of the following areas: Bluetooth, power management, display interface, I2C, SPI, SDIO, JTAG, UART, MCU, I2S & USB
- Ability to design and program robust firmware for microprocessors
- Familiarity with analog and digital systems, ADC and sensors
- Understand the constraint and trade-offs of system resources
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Creative and agile
- Ability to adapt in a fast pace engineering environment
- Results and deadline driven
- Able to work independently with little direction
- Consummate team player
- Take great pride and ownership in designs produced
- Relevant experience from start-ups as well as larger organizations is preferred
- Familiarity with scripting tools such as Perl and Python is preferred
- Basic knowledge of other engineering disciplines helpful (mechanical, electrical, physics)
Redwood City, California, United States